After looking through all my "masterpiece" only did I realised that I have not posted this cookies before. My son loves them so much. I think he finished most of it. Maybe it is because I have forgotten to reduce the sugar amount, thus he likes it so much.
This recipe is from 《孟老师的 100道手工饼干》. It is simple and nice. I have made 2 portions of the recipe.
I still find typing in English is so much easier than chinese after all my Hanyu pinyin is not so good. ^^
Brown sugar (soft) 50g
Instant Oatmeal 50g
Cake Flour (Low protein flour) 50g
Baking powder 1/2tsp
Icing sugar 25g
- In a pot, melt butter & sugar over low heat. Leave to cool. (I used microwave oven to melt them.^^)
- Add in egg. Mix well with a hand whisk.
- Sift in cake flour, baking powder & icing sugar. Use a spatula, combine well, but don’t over mix.
- Cover with cling wrap (plastic wrap). Chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough to form a ball and flatten it.
- Bake in a preheated oven 160C for approx 25 minutes.
- Off the oven, use remaining heat to heat for approx 10 minutes.